1. In the "Artwork images" section, you will have to upload several images, the main image being the most important.
2. Your main photo will be the first image that users will see. It may be on the homepage, in the catalog, or in the collection of works offered on Artsper:
- To load your main image, click on the "+" located at the center of the square (as shown below)
- For 2D works (paintings, photos, prints), the main image must be seen from the front and it must be cropped, no additional visuals (wall, frame, white margins, contours)
Below is an example of an image that respects the all the guidelines:
- To have successful photographic work, it is important to respect the following guidelines:
- Use a vertical support, like a wall or an easel to hold the work (in 2D)
- Maintain the suitable distance between the lens and the work (EX. put yourself a minimum of 1m away from the work in order to capture its entirety. Depending on its size, adapt the lens-to-work distance)
- Take the photo with a reflex or automatic camera. If you only have access to a mobile phone, be sure it has very high resolution
- Place your device on a tripod, small table, or stool to stabilize the device
- Remember to take the photo in natural light (recommended: best timing between 10am-3pm), without flash
- Ideally, place the work so that it is lit in its entirety
- Take at least 10 photos per work. This will give ample choice when selecting the right photo
- 2 Live Views: these are automatically generated on each page of the site’s artwork (excluding sculptures) from the main image you added. Therefore, it is important to cut it out well. If a margin is present on the added image, it will be visible on this simulation.
Below is an example of an on-site view that respects the all the guidelines:
3. Other photos:
- Photos 2, 3, 4, 5 depict the work on-site, in detail, and the signature
- Choose real-life photos of the artwork and avoid any fictitious scenarios. Two quality photomontages (Live Views) will already be automatically generated on the work page
- 2 images are required, except for editions and photographs
- Images in JPG or JPEG format are prefered
- Your images should be less than 10MB in size. Thanks to free online tools like tinypng or compressjpeg, you can compress the image size without affect the quality
- Your images should be at least 600px (pixels) on 1 of the 2 sides. To find the images dimensions, simply right-click the photo and select 'Get information'
Photos 2, 3, 4, 5 are directly visible in a miniature version under the main image (see visual below). Once a visitor clicks on the mini images, it will when then replace the main image, and now be displayed in large format. This is why it is essential to follow the instructions of our guide and take care of all your visuals.
Examples of photos 2, 3, 4, 5, which comply with the guidelines:
4. Before importing your photos, make sure you have complied to the following guidelines:
- The dimensions must correspond to the format of the work, as presented on the main image. (EX. a rectangular work should not be cropped into a square format)
- Do not integrate photos of several works on a single file. Enter only one artwork per file. Recreate a new file for each new work you wish to import.
- Do not post photos of already sold works. All works must be available for purchase.
- Do not advertise the possibility of making works to order
- For enhanced editions, the photo must show the actual copy that is being sold. If the item is slightly different, it will be returned.